See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Glasgow Profile:
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Department Profile:
Institutional Securities Technology
Develop technology strategy and in-house technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses including electronic, low latency, Fixed Income, Equities and Commodities Sales and Trading plus Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets software Team Profile:
We are seeking a hands on data expert with good KDB knowledge to work closely with the Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) business in Morgan Stanley to understand their data requirements and actively contribute to the design and implementation of solutions. This business is a key growth area for the firm and the team in Glasgow is central to firm’s strategy to their ongoing effort to expand our offering to clients. This role will be an essential part of ensure there is strong engagement between the business and the Glasgow team the ongoing effort to expand our offering to clients.
The team works closely with the business and is focused on delivering cutting-edge technology to the firm's internal and external clients. A key part of this is the development of a new consolidated KDB platform to manage all the data requirements around these products while developing new tools and systems to streamline business processes and enable the business to expand into new areas. Primary Responsibilities:
The role involves all aspects of the software development life cycle: analysis, design and implementation. We need a flexible and practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development and will contribute to the success of the team.
- You will be responsible for engaging directly with trading, desk strategists and financial engineers to define and manage their requirements.
- You will play an active part in the design and development of enhancements, tools and applications
- You will be part of a highly skilled agile team of developers in Glasgow
- You will help to set the strategic direction for the team and provide key input in to design decisions
- You will design and consult on q queries to achieve analytics objectives of the various clients.
- You will partner with the desk strategists to deliver a commercial platform, where reactivity will be key. Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Domain knowledge of Equity markets and Equity Derivative products
- Hands on experience of KDB development
- Exposure to Java, Python and SQL
- Strong communication skills to work with main stakeholders in desk strategists and financial engineering teams Skills Desired:
- Knowledge of funds and strategies would be an advantage Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-FM1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.