Senior Security Architect
- Apr 01, 2021
- £700 - £800 pd
A Financial Services company based in Glasgow is looking to hire a Senior Security Architect to join their Global Cybersecurity & Architecture team. This is an initial 6-month contract paying £750pd Senior Security Architect IR35 type: Inside, PAYE Rate - £750/day
A Financial Services company based in Glasgow is looking to hire a Senior Security Architect to join their Global Cybersecurity & Architecture team.
This is an initial 6-month contract paying £750pd day (Inside IR35), fully remote until further notice but once people start to return you will only be required to travel into the office once or twice a month
As the Senior Security Architect, you will provide overall direction, lifecycle management and leadership for the Security Architecture and Technology. Key responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience
- Serving as a Cybersecurity expert to contribute to the definition of overall IT architecture.
- Developing, contributing and management of Security Architecture Specifications, Security Architecture Analysis, Threat-Modelling, Security Requirements, Security Standards and Design Patterns, Reference Architectures, Security Strategies and Roadmaps
- Leading and contributing to the security posture of networks and systems, data centre infrastructures, cloud architectures and solutions
- Applying security design principles to develop security solutions architectures
- Providing strategic points of view for security solutions and security industry events
- Developing and/or carrying out the strategic direction of security projects to enable execution of the information security strategy
- Developing security solutions to enable execution of the long-term security architecture
- Driving security technologies evaluations and proof-of-concepts
- Building strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influencing staff across the IT organization and product groups
- Managing the lifecycle of security technologies
- Working closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly embedded in their technology domains architectures
- Evaluating and assessing risk as part of lifecycle management
- Staying current with security technologies and making recommendations for use based on business value
- Advising leadership on Cybersecurity issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
- Maintaining oversight of the design and implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are included.
- Significant Cybersecurity, Architecture and Design experience in Networks, Data Centre Systems, and Cloud Infrastructure and Platforms (IaaS security, PaaS security)
- Strong experience in threat-modelling of complex systems
- Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security solutions
- Experience with creating technical documentation: product documentation, technology and systems/network architecture, and technical whitepapers.
- Strong working experience with the following security technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions
- Experience with open source-based security technologies
- Strong knowledge and working experience with SDN (Software-Defined Networking), NFV (Network Function Virtualization), and network virtualization/overlays
- Strong hands-on cloud architecture, with knowledge and working experience in: OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Server Virtualization hypervisors (KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, VSphere), Linux Containers technologies (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes), and distributed computing
- Strong expertise and experience with Linux and Linux security
- Solid understanding of and ability to speak authoritatively to security principles in areas such as network, systems, virtualization, cloud technologies, access control.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues at Expert level.
- Hands-on experience and strong understanding of technology and enterprise security
- Solid understanding of compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the payments processing industry such as PCI, SOX, and GLBA.
- Strong understanding of relevant Industry Principles, Best Practices, and Standards, such as NIST, ISO, IEEE, and TCG
- Strong cross-domain and cross-functional knowledge that will enable design of the best possible security technology solutions.
- Has solid understanding of the SSDLC process and follows the process to effectively develop and design solutions.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and mentor/leader detached from the corporate environment.
- Experience integrating multiple vendor products
- Preferred certifications include: CISSP, OpenStack Certification, TOGAF, SABSA
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.