Senior ETL developer - Reconciliations
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations Technology is a global team responsible for providing technology solutions to Morgan Stanley’s Global Operations departments. Within Ops Tech, Reconciliations team is responsible for partnering with Global operations group in delivering smart solutions to some of the critical control functions associated with Reconciliations functions for the bank. These include dealing with some of the complex recs associated with both internal and external sources.
In this role, person will be responsible for:
- - Proactive engagement and interaction with our user base in EMEA and North America to understand and capture their business demands effectively
- - Working with data source owners and business project specialists to gather requirements and understand the data needs for the various projects that will use this platform
- - Managing global project delivery from our Glasgow Office co-located with our key client base
- - Provide support and drive team engagement between the users in Glasgow / Baltimore and India delivery COE.
- - Designing and implementing software to bring new data sources into our data repository, mainly via Informatica or suitable scripting languages
- - Applying analytics over the data to uncover insights and patterns that help identifying the root cause of the breaks
- Working in a global team environment
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools Informatica and SQL and other Data Management tools
- Strong in Unix/Perl/Python or any comparable scripting language
- Strong hands-on exposure to Reconciliation functions for any Investment Bank
- Experience in Agile Methodology, Agile development practices
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, Schema Design, SQL, and SQL tuning
- Highly motivated to expand their technical and business knowledge and understanding.
- Exposure to Data Analysis and Data Mining techniques – Feature engineering, regression, classification, clustering, time series analysis etc.
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Qlikview exposure will be helpful
- Ability to research and troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- A self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills to engage with Senior -Business Stakeholders
- Prior experience of working in global teams
- Knowledge of Investment banking operations (Reconciliations)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM2