As a Sales Underwriter, you will be responsible for driving APC sales in your region to ensure that suspect, prospect and submission targets are achieved to deliver new business budget. You will spend 80% of your time on sales through broker engagement and on account management visits, prospecting and supporting the Trading and Service Delivery teams to win new business, cross-sell and retain existing business.
Sales Underwriter - HNW / High Net Worth
As a Sales Underwriter, you will be responsible for driving APC sales in your region to ensure that suspect, prospect and submission targets are achieved to deliver new business budget. You will spend 80% of your time on sales through broker engagement and on account management visits, prospecting and supporting the Trading and Service Delivery teams to win new business, cross-sell and retain existing business. As the key focal point in your region you will be the first point of escalation for your brokers. You will work with your broker panel to ensure they understand our appetite, provide training and collate and feedback on competition, trends and the market.
You will love to be out and about meeting brokers as the role is predominantly a sales and account management role, dependent on experience you will also hold underwriting authority, underwriting priority risks.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the execution of the of the sales activity plan across the region
- Driving broker development in region, developing and maximising opportunities through building a pipeline and proactively converting and prospecting APC opportunities, with a focus on larger more complex opportunities
- Leading account planning that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones in line with the wider APC strategy
- Regularly visiting brokers' offices across the region, building strong relationships and delivering superb service
- Ensuring technical and complex referrals are escalated to someone with appropriate authority within correct timescales, sometimes underwriting these risks yourself if urgent
- Working closely with the region and nationally to deliver APC team broker strategy, line of business strategy, and new business targets
- Keeping abreast of market intelligence and development (trends, new products)
- Delivery of key sales and product messages, e.g. product launches
- 'Face' of the region (seminars, conferences, social media, etc.)
Our must haves
- A strong performer with significant broker development, relationship management and customer focus experience
- Able to quickly establish credibility in order to develop long lasting relationships with brokers and Underwriters Experience as an APC underwriter with clear understanding of appetite
- A collaborative team player who understands that their teams success is their own success
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and proficiency in sales disciplines
- Outgoing and confident, enjoy getting to know new people
- Driving licence and car are essential
- Ideally Diploma CII qualified or exempt through relevant experience as defined by the FCA
- Contribute to the overall UK APC strategy and add value beyond your own specialism
- Demonstrable drive, self-motivation and determination to achieve results
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.