Research Tech Java Developer
This exciting role is part of JPMorgan's Research Technology team, and has a focus on the Credit Business. We are looking for a gifted technologist who might not have experience of working in finance, but is looking for the rare opportunity to work directly with the Front Office Research business and develop their career in finance technology.
The role will consist of two parts. You will be supporting the current Credit system application. Then in parallel you will work on a transformation project to migrate the application to a new cloud native architecture.
We are an agile team that covers the full development lifecycle. Individual are given a lot of independence, usually without the assistance of a supporting Business Analyst. This can be challenging for some developers so you should prefer the responsibility of self-organizing your time and your work.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent knowledge of programming fundamentals, like Data Structures and Design Pattern
- Core Java, Maven and J2EE experience
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Service Orientated Architectures
- Perl/Unix scripting experience
- Excellent problem solving / investigation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good project and time-management skills
- M.S degree in Computer Science or EE preferred
- Experience with Python is preferred
- Knowledge of finance would be a plus