Release Automation Developer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The MSDE (Morgan Stanley Development Environment) Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining a set of enterprise hosted developer enablement tools that are used throughout Morgan Stanley’s global IT development community.
These tools, both open source and 3rd party vendor, are hosted within the Morgan Stanley infrastructure, in a high availability configuration, and are used by thousands of developers on a daily basis. They include tools such as SCM (Perforce and Git/Bitbucket), Issue Tracking (Jira), CI (Jenkins and TeamCity) and Code Quality (Sonar).
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on software developer to join the firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the SDLC within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment.
The candidate will be working with a global team of experts to extend the release automation capabilities of the Firms SDLC platform, named Train. Train is used by thousands of developers, across a diverse set of programming languages, technology stacks, and platforms, and is continually evolved to stay current with the state of art in SDLC practices and tooling.
In addition to hands-on development experience and breadth of technical skills, the right candidate will also have a good understanding of current best practices in application architecture, software design and code development, and software distribution.
Prior experience in the financial industry is not required; candidates from software companies are welcome.
- Highly technical and passionate about optimizing software delivery pipelines.
- Ability to explain SDLC best practices, including source control, code review, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs.
- Flexible and adaptable; quick to embrace new concepts and tools; able to deliver solutions on the most appropriate platform and language.
- Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project in an agile environment.
- Prior work experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control (particularly enterprise-scale git), build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, change management, IDEs, or large-scale software distribution.
- Experience working with multiple compiled (Java, C++, C# or Scala) or interpreted (Python, Perl, groovy) languages on Linux and Windows.
- Web development experience, preferably with multiple frameworks (Angular 2 preferred)
- Driven to understand how software development tools work and why.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2