Regulatory Liquidity Reporting - Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Global Funding Control (GFC) group employs >60 finance professionals in Glasgow, as part of a Global team of >150 (across New York, London, Mumbai, Tokyo & Hong Kong). The collective team are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the ISG Finance organization.
Pre 2008 crisis, funding was easy to obtain and not priced into trades due to ample liquidity in the markets. Post 2008, the landscape looks dramatically different where the economy and regulators have put a spotlight onto Funding and Liquidity making GFC both a high focus and growth area.
The Glasgow GFC team comprises of the following sub-group & the role creates the opportunity for significant exposure across the function.
- Bank Resource Management (BRM) control - Secured Funding
- Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) control - Unsecured Funding
- Liquidity & Funding Controllers (LFC) - Regulatory & Management Liquidity reporting & control
Liquidity and Funding Controllers are responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing and filing the liquidity reporting returns required by the Federal Reserve and Prudential Regulation Authority. The group is also responsible for supporting and developing the processes and systems to enable the firm to meet regulators requirements and support the Firm’s strategic initiatives.
An associate opportunity has arisen within the LFC Proof and Control team. The Proof and Control team provide analytical review and control over the data sourced into the firm’s regulatory liquidity reports.
Primary clients are Corporate Treasury & Bank Resource Management who jointly manage the Liquidity & Funding needs of the business. In this role you will also interact closely with Legal Entity Controllers (LEC), Management Reporting team, Global Product Controllers (GPC) and IT.
- Monthly substantiation of the Liquidity HUB to GL reconciliations
- Investigating and understanding all Liquidity HUB to GL reconciliations breaks (including impact to reporting)
- Maintaining and validating the rules engine logic for the HUB to GL reconciliations
- Developing and building out additional reconciliations for new feeds which are on-boarded into Liquidity HUB
- Work with team and IT on process improvements in regards to the monthly substantiation cycle
- Providing coverage for the Daily Proof and Control process
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needs.
The successful candidate will display the following attributes:
- Candidates should be qualified or part qualified with a relevant accountancy qualification or have relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Candidates should have experience developing Business Requirements and interpreting regulatory rules guidance
- Candidates should have strong written communication and editorial skills
- Analytical thinker, meticulous work style and ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Timely issue resolution and escalation of issues
- Willingness to take initiative to develop and improve processes
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders in multiple location
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1