Part-Qualified Accountant - Glasgow
Change Public Practice are working with an independent Chartered Accountancy firm in Glasgow City Centre to assist them in the growth of their team with the appointment of a Part-Qualified Accounts Assistant / Senior. This role will involve preparing accounts for various businesses, including limited companies, sole traders and partnerships with a strong focus on Xero / cloud accounting.
This firm is emerging to be a true competitor in the mid-tier market in Glasgow and expanding rapidly in the wider UK regions. The internal culture is something that the leaders are extremely passionate about and identifying the right individuals for the team is just as important as the technical experience. The leaders have created a symmetrical culture across all office where every member of staff feels valued and they have a clear development plan and path for progression.
In addition to excellent support and development in your career, this business offers a very competitive overall salary and benefits package which includes flexible working and many other incentives. Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing year-end accounts for various businesses, including limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
• Preparing management accounts and VAT returns
• Bookkeeping responsibilities as required
• Advising clients on cloud accounting packages and transition over to Xero
• Ideally you will be AAT qualified as a minimum and applications who are currently studying towards qualifications i.e. ACCA will also be considered
• Must have a minimum of 18 months experience in a similar sized Public Practice firm i.e. Big 4, Top 10, mid-tier CA, independent CA firm
• Experience of preparing statutory and management accounts is essential
• A working knowledge of Xero is desirable, though not essential as fully Xero training will be provided
• Strong communication skills are essential for the client interaction aspects of this role