See job description for details
3148017 – MSFS Middle Office Rep
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $300 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by over 900 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
We are seeking a client facing Middle Office Associate for our Glasgow office, providing trade affirmation and Treasury services to our clients. Qualifications: Primary Responsibilities
The candidate will work within the global team to build out the MSFS middle office offering and provide coverage for clients requesting the services: currently trade affirmation and collateral/cash management.
- - Trade break management and reporting for client executed trades
- - Process management for client related collateral/margin and reporting queries
- - Building and maintaining excellent client relationships with the hedge fund clients as well as develop technical systems and product knowledge in order to provide first class client service.
- - Assist in the planning and building out of the global coverage teams and the operating model to support the expanded services - Trade Affirmation and Treasury/Cash Management
- - Liaise with global stakeholders including IT to develop a broker neutral client trade matching platform
- - Work with existing and new clients setting up and on-boarding them onto both products Skills Required
- - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- - Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- - Varied product exposure – one or more of equity, swap, fixed income, listed and OTC products
- - Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced setting
- - Critical thinker with track record of process improvements
- - Execute sound judgment in client responses and escalation
- - Prior experience in hedge fund and/or hedge fund administrator middle office operation
- - Trade affirmation experience using DTCC, Omgeo (Oasys and CTM), and Traiana a plus
- - Experience of ISG trade matching systems – Vista, Transaction Manager. Safe GUI
- - Prime Brokerage Margin, Collateral Management, Settlements experience
- - Cash and Collateral Management experience with ENSO, Hazeltree, VITEOS, or Integridata a plus
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.