Linux Systems Administrator - Proxy/Email Security
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 May 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
ETS Provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defences to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- Provide Level 3 Operations support for a global perimeter Email security, Email routing, Web proxy and Web security enterprise infrastructure
- Maintain Email and Web security infrastructure, providing stability by developing tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing Email and Web security solutions.
- Expert knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix.
- Good understanding on Web Proxy infrastructure serving various application layer protocols such as HTTP/HTTPs/SOCKS/FTP/ICAP
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell).
- Expert knowledge of SMTP (RFC 821/5321), TLS, DNS and related standards.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
- Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions will be treated as an advantage
- Knowledge of Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways.
- Web Proxy ? Bluecoat/Zscaler or other major web proxy competitor
- Experience within financial services industry preferred
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1