Lead Java Software Engineer
Software Engineering Lead - Vice President Job Description:
Asset and Wealth Management - Core Operations Technology is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual for a software engineering lead role supporting multiple applications in Corporate Actions Processing area. The solution runs 24x7 and supports 1000's of simultaneous users in a critical environment across multiple global operations and client services centers throughout the US, Europe and Asia. Development team ranges from 5 to 15 onshore and offshore employees and contractors.
Successful candidate will be a full-stack software engineering lead who can analyze, design develop, code and test applications in both Wintel and UNIX environments. Experience with Java/J2EE, SQL Server, Oracle, Linux and Windows OS is required. SOA/Web-Services and Micro-services experience is required. Experience with Automation Testing using Cucumber, Selenium is required. Experience with public/private cloud, AWS is a plus. Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployments using Jules is a plus. Role requires working in teams, both onshore and offshore, towards successful completion of projects using agile/scrum development methodology. Any experience with FIS-XSP Corp Actions processing suite is a plus. Key Responsibilities:
- Aid in the planning, architecture, design, and analysis of multiple specialist applications and support systems that satisfy business requirements for large complex environments.
- Must adhere to architecture standards, mentor less experienced team members, perform code reviews, and lead presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, and best practice development
- Oversee architecture feasibility discussions, prototype development and code reviews.
- Develop, test, modify, and implement application code; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with functional and technical specifications, application support and industry standards.
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in third party and custom development technologies; share knowledge with the team and propose adoption of new technology.
- Lead cross-functional development/integration projects requiring interaction with end-users and external technology clients.
- Assist the team in supporting the application in QA and production environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to mentor others.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle, leading small scrum teams through functional & technical requirements, documentation, QA processes, source code control, deployments and maintenance/support.
- Demonstrated fluency in Object-Oriented technology with Java/J2EE and along with an understanding of middleware and web integration principles.
- Experience with Java/J2EE required
- Experience with Web Services , Micro-services architecture is requires
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle Database is required
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration design patterns is required
- Experience with Agile methodology, Scrum is required
- Experience with FIS-XSP is a PLUS