Lead Business Analyst
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
Com p a ny P r o file:
M o r g a n S ta n l e y i s a l e a d i ng g l o b a l f i n a n c i al s er v i c e s f i r m pro vi d i ng a w i de r a n g e of i n v e s t m e n t b a n k i n g, s e c uri t i e s , i n v e s t m e n t m a n a g e m e n t a n d w e a l t h m a n a g e m e n t s er vi c e s . T he F i r m 's e m p l o y e es s e r v e cl i e n ts w or ld w i de i n c l u d i n g c orporat i o n s , g o v ern m e n ts a n d i n di vi d u a l s f r o m m ore th a n 1 ,2 0 0 o ff i c es i n 4 3 co u ntr i e s .
A s a m a r k et l e a d e r , t h e ta l e n t a n d p a ss i o n of o u r p e o p l e i s cr i t i c a l to o u r s u cc e ss . T o g et h er, we s h a r e a c o m m on s et of v a l u e s r o o t ed i n i n te g ri t y , e xc e ll e n c e a n d s tr o ng t e am et hi c . M o r g a n S t a n l e y c an pr o v i de a s u p eri o r f o u n d a t i on f or b u i l d i ng a pro f e ss i o n a l c areer - a p l a c e f or p e o p l e t o l e arn, to a c h i e v e a n d gr o w . A p h i l o s o p h y t h at b a l a nc es p e rs o n a l li f e s t y l e s , p er s p e c t i v es a nd n e e d s i s an i m p o r ta n t p art of o u r c u l tur e .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of the firm. These requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. The regulations covered are across America (e.g. Dodd-Frank and CSA), Europe (e.g. MiFID I and EMIR), and Asia (e.g. JFSA and HKMA). The team are required to work on both meeting the firm’s current regulatory obligations and on meeting future regulatory obligations (e.g. MiFID II).
- The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a senior Business Analyst to join the growing team in Glasgow (a key strategic location). You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in London, Mumbai, and New York. You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You should be dynamic, a self-starter and have experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent, development, communication, and organizational skills.
- The role will require working with stakeholders globally and across divisions and knowledge of broad spectrum of assets classes.
- You will be required to analyse business process flows and impact on technology flows.
- You will be required to translate regulatory requirements into functional technical requirements
- You will write users stories in an iterative fashion, liaising with the developers, product owners and other business analysts within the scrum team.
Required Skills :
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to understand requirements and share with the technical team.
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
- Experience of writing user stories containing clearly articulated needs, features and acceptance tests.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience – able to use tools such as Excel to analyse large volumes of data to find correlations, variations and anomalies.
- Exhibit good leadership and communication skills to help the scrum team clearly understand the requirements.
- Ability to support the product owner to ensure that their priorities and needs are met.
- Ability to be pro-active and clearly escalate when risks or issues arise.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to articulate complex topics in a concise and articulate manner
- Experience in banking and regulatory reporting (CTFC, EMIR, Dodd Frank, MiFID)
- Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products