See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career, a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Glasgow Profile:
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
FCRT connects all activities required to fund the Firm - Stock Loan, Secured Funding, Treasury and Cash Management. We also provide the risk management for the financing that we deliver to our clients.
By providing key technologies to enable the Bank Resource Management (BRM) and the Prime Brokerage businesses, we are at the centre of Firm Funding and Client Financing. We also provide our technology platform to Finance, Operations and Wealth Management. Team Profile:
The teams across the department operate using Agile techniques requiring self-motivated and inquisitive developers always looking for opportunities to learn and challenge accepted norms to deliver best of breed solutions to our business partners.
We are looking for multiple Full Stack developers to work front to back from complex business logic to intuitive user interfaces built using the latest web technologies.
We have a strong team spanning London, Glasgow, New York, Budapest, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong. The team works on major strategic initiatives for the Firm and utilises cutting edge technologies to enable the Firm to lead the market. Primary Responsibilities:
- Full stack development working as part of a large Agile development team
- Liaising with senior team members and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed
- Business Driven and Test Driven Development driving 100% automated test coverage and continuous deployment
- Continuously improving the quality of our system and code base via best practices including code reviews and continuous refactoring Qualifications: Skills required
- One of Java 1.8+ or Typescript
- Spring or Angular 5+
- Understanding of message based architectures both point to point and subscription based
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Test Driven Development
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Skills Desired:
- Agile development practice
- Container Based Deployment e.g. Docker
- Unix/Linux scripting Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.