Java Developer - Secured Financing
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Glasgow Secured Financing team is looking for a Java developer to join the team. The team develops and maintains IT systems that are responsible for the post trade management of repo and stock loan trades, the posting and optimization of collateral for the Firm globally, and enable the Firm to comply with regulations regarding Client Money and Asset protection. These are critical function for multiple businesses within Institutional Securities including Prime Brokerage and Listed Derivatives. We have a strong, agile developer team of 24 people located in Glasgow with a global development across New York, London, Budapest, Tokyo, and India also. The team works on major strategic initiatives for the Firm. There is a good deal of collaborative team work within the team and with our clients (Operations Risk and Control, Funding and Collateral Operations, Bank Resource Management) as well as with other IT groups with the Firm.
- Server-side Java development working as part of a large Agile developer team
- Liaising with senior team members and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed
- Developing functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed. Working with team members and our partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to Production
- Continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary
Skills required (essential):
-Core Java J2SE, Spring, JUnit, JMS
-Understanding of message based architectures
-RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
-Good Problem solving and analytical skills
-Object Oriented Design and Development
-Full software development lifecycle understanding
-Good software development practices
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
-Agile development practice