- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 18
Our Asset and Wealth Management division thrives with innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world. On this role, you will be working in a scrum team and work with business partners closely to develop and roll-out state of the art toolsets to Private Banking Client Service team.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
- BS or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- 8+ years of Java/JEE experience
- Knowledge of Elastic Search is an add-on
- Experienced in Databases (SQL or no-SQL) technologies
- Microservices, cloud development experience is a plus
- Strong Agile development experience and practices
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools
- Understanding of devops model
- Experience in automated testing and continuous integration