If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Purpose of role:
To provide investment management and general financial advice to private clients.
- Review portfolios regularly and make portfolio changes consulting partner, if appropriate.
- Ensure portfolios conform to client requirements
- Consider recommended share list
- Consider tax implications / check year-end tax packages
- Use tax exempt schemes where desirable
- Attend daily morning meetings, weekly meetings e.g. Investment Policy and Administration meetings and any other meetings relevant to role
General Financial Advice
- Communicate with clients - attend and contribute to client meetings
- Be prepared to discuss general financial matters in conjunction with other specialist departments
- Refer non-investment matters to relevant specialist
- Write valuation reviews and keep general correspondence up to date
- Write up client meeting notes
- Keep KYC details up to date
- Research and produce answers to client queries
- Collate new client information e.g. personal details, stock history, bank details etc
- Check monthly / quarterly statements
- Process client orders through STP
- Take responsibility for a market sector
- Attend broker meetings, report on and interpret company results
- Attend monthly analysts meeting and be prepared to speak on sector
- Make sector recommendations and weightings
Compliance, Regulatory and Training
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with FCA requirements
- Attend annual compliance briefing
- Attend internal/external seminars as appropriate
- Pass computer based test
- Ensure that fair treatment of clients is at the forefront of all activities within the division
- Ensure that all interactions with clients and third parties are conducted in an open and transparent manner
- Take opportunities to acquire new clients
- Meet potential new client, explaining S&W
- Supervise take on and settling of new clients
- Collate information / documentation for Partner
- Support and advise the secretary
- Ensure Partner is briefed on investment policy
Puts the client first and focuses on delivering the right solutions
- Delivers excellent service
- Sound Judgement
- Personal Leadership & Teamwork
- Embracing Change
Qualifications - Level 7 relevant qualification i.e. CISI Chartered Wealth Manager qualification.
- Several years, if relevant, of investment experience
- High levels of numeracy - to check figures and totals
- Ability to read and understand a set of accounts
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Analytical skills - for stock analysis (if applicable)
- IT - clear understanding and ability to use; WMFO, Reuters or equivalent, MS Office suite of packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Compliance - fully conversant with FCA regulations
- Sound market knowledge (demonstrable relevant market experience)
- Broad knowledge of personal tax
As our colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.