International Tax Utility Change the Bank (CTB) - Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
SSBO provides utility processing services to Global Operations. By functionalizing processes across segments, SSBO realizes efficiencies through scale, location strategy and adoption of best practices. SSBO provides quality operational core processes at an optimal price point, with maximum benefit to MS business lines. Services currently provided by SSBO include Cash Management, OTC Derivative and Security Settlements, Position Services, Reconciliations, Tax, Client Reference Data, Network Management and Vendor Management.
The ITU CTB group delivers strategic, global business process and technology-based solutions across Morgan Stanley international tax utility in EMEA, Asia and USA. The portfolio of projects undertaken within the ITU group includes strategic deployment of the renovated platform for tax, smaller enhancements to the renovated functionality, and business enablement projects arising from regulatory changes and dynamic nature of the Banks business. As a result, the candidate can expect to work on a number of projects, varying in scale, and to work across the different phases of the project lifecycle.
This role is for a Business Analyst /Project Manager within the Project function in the Glasgow team.
The role is multi-faceted, offering the opportunity to take ownership for, and contribute towards the success of, facilitating a project through its entire lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Portfolio Management
- Act as first point of contact externally for any new work
- Analyse the impact of a new requirement
- Design and document new business processes via use cases and/or functional requirements
- Act as liaison between IT and clients in order to clarify and validate requirements and assumptions, mediate on compromise and agreement discussions and to close information gaps
- Collaborate with IT on test plan development, design test strategy and manage the UAT process
- Manage tax enablement delivery prioritization process
- Responsible for working with the stakeholders to deliver Tax projects
- Remit of project scope includes Regulatory change, Efficiency change and Special Projects and can span both IT and non IT Projects.
- Works with the PMO to ensure adherence to the agreed project operating model and governance lifecycle
- Develop an effective network of stakeholders to facilitate easy implementation of tax changes
- Support overall strategy and solution design work
- Prior process improvement, business analysis, and project management experience
- Clear understanding of project management and business analysis approaches and concepts
- Experience defining business requirements and managing and executing testing activities
- Develops strong relationships and personal credibility with the user community and understands how
- their needs/requirements can be incorporated into the delivery of the solution
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring un-focused issues to resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - articulate and comfortable being assertive in communication to a range of different groups / levels
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1