Assistant Internal Audit Manager
Meraki Talent have been engaged to assist with the onboarding of an Assistant Internal Audit Manager for their Chartered Accountancy client in Glasgow City Centre. The Company
Our client is one of Scotland’s leading and most well-established Chartered Accountancy firms. They currently provide Accountancy services in the fields of Audit, Business Advisory, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning, Insolvency, Tax and Payroll. They now seek to add an Assistant Internal Audit Manager to their ever-growing Audit department. The Role
The role of Assistant Internal Audit Manager has become available as the business goes through a sustained period of growth across several of its service channels, making this an exciting time to join a leading practice.
As an Assistant Internal Audit Manager, you will report directly to the Senior Audit Manager within the Internal Audit team. You will be fully responsible for your own client portfolio, managing both client and management expectations whilst working to tight deadlines.
You will have sound technical knowledge and deliver client assignments from planning to completion. You will need to be able to demonstrate key people management skills and support. You will build strong professional relationships both with clients and colleagues.
This role would suit an individual already working as an Assistant Internal Audit Manager or an Internal Audit Senior who is ready for the next step on their career path. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist junior Associates, provide feedback, and address learning points, all the while maximising team productivity
- Manage your time to allow to supervise several assignments at the same time, ensuring timeous and satisfactory delivery to colleagues and clients
- Always bring technical work to successful conclusions, within agreed budget and timelines
- Consistent contact with clients during assignments, and develop strong lasting relationships with clients at all levels, up to the most senior
- Taking ownership of all assignments from planning through to completion
- liaising with clients, planning audit assignments, supervising and reviewing work of more junior team members whilst performing more technical fieldwork tasks
- client meeting attendance including Audit Committees
- Aiding the firm in further developing our presence in the education sector
As an Assistant Internal Audit Manager, you will be a client focused individual who can work effectively as part of a team as well as possessing the ability to use your own initiative when required, you will have strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks. A confident and enthusiastic approach to your work where quality outweighs quantity. Experience
For the role of Assistant Internal Audit Manager the below criteria are Essential.
- You must hold appropriate professional qualifications, eg, ICAS, ACCA, CIIA, etc (or be qualified by experience)
- Previous experience with proven record of working within Internal Audit
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and to deadlines
- Experience of handling a client portfolio
- Experience of technical compliance and advisory work
Flexible working day
Cycle to Work scheme