See job description for details
Division: Fusion Resilience Center Job Title: Technology Disaster Recovery Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile :
The mission of the Fusion Resilience Center is to understand, prepare for, respond to, recover and learn from operational threats and incidents that impact the Firm. Fusion provides an integrated and holistic ability to prepare for and deal with a broad landscape of threats which may impact the Firm, from cyber and fraud, to technology incidents, weather, natural disasters, geopolitical unrest, terrorist attacks, and pandemics
Team Profile :
The Global Intelligence team specializes in the collection and analysis of information pertaining to the threat landscape and any business disrupting events that may impact the Firm’s operations. The team’s key mission is to support and enhance the Firm’s security posture by providing situational awareness and a thorough understanding of the threat landscape through the delivery of timely and actionable intelligence. The team regularly produces intelligence analysis for its defined stakeholders, which drives Fusion’s understanding of the operating environment and contributes to inform its global response and recovery functions.
The team ensures depth and breadth of analytical coverage and subject matter expertise ranging from cyber threats and fraud trends to geopolitical risks, civil unrest, physical security threats, pandemics, and weather events.
Role Profile :
The Global Intelligence team is seeking an Intelligence Analyst to join the Early Warning Cell (EWC). The individual will be responsible for conducting daily monitoring of the threat landscape in order to identify and provide early warning of emerging threats and events that may impact the Firm and the financial sector. Analysts in the EWC have access to a wide range of social media monitoring tools, open source, industry, and commercial intelligence feeds which are leveraged to generate relevant alerts for further triage, assessment, and escalation. The EWC analyst is responsible for mapping monitoring requirements, curating intelligence feeds, regularly reviewing and fine-tuning escalation triggers, and investigating notable events for early assessment and potential escalation.
During an incident, the analyst will work closely with response teams to ensure relevant input and operational support through monitoring and analysis in partnership with analysts in the Cyber/Fraud and Physical pillars.
In addition to monitoring for, and escalating, cyber, fraud and physical security issues, the analyst will also provide early warning and necessary response support in relation to any incident or event that may impact some of the Firm’s critical vendors and third parties. Issues that EWC analysts are responsible for monitoring for include:
- Cyber incidents impacting the financial sector or other critical infrastructure entities
- Major cyber breaches or attacks widely reported in open sources
- Flash cyber alerts from government sources
- Cyber incidents affecting third parties and critical vendors
- Planned/unplanned protests or demonstrations impacting Firm locations
- Civil unrest in countries/locations with a Firm presence
- Terrorist (or other violent) incidents impacting Firm locations
- Significant geopolitical events that may impact the Firm or the financial sector
- Significant weather events where Morgan Stanley offices are located
- Novel or significant updates relating to pandemics or infectious diseases spreading in locations where Morgan Stanley operates or has a presence
Experience & Skills Required
- 2+ years of professional analytical experience, preferably within an intelligence function in the financial sector
- Familiarity with intelligence cycle
- Experience with social media monitoring tools and methodology
- Experience with Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) products and sources
- Knowledge of OSINT investigation techniques
- Understanding of geopolitical dynamics and how they affect the wider threat landscape
- Excellent writing and presentation skills to communicate findings and recommendations to different audiences and stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in International Studies, Information Technology, or Criminal Justice/Intelligence fields
Experience & Skills Preferred
- International experience or experience working for a global organization
- Knowledge of key cyber concepts
- Familiarity with geopolitical, country risk, or physical security analysis
- Experience with conducting intelligence investigations and familiarity with investigative tools,
- Active memberships with associations across the security and intelligence community