See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a talented individual to join a team of information security experts responsible for protecting Firm, client, and employee sensitive/confidential data. The Incident Response team is responsible for managing the detection and reporting of information security and insider threat incidents, supporting all Firm Business Units. The Team coordinates with the Business Units, Legal, Corporate Security and IT to gather incident details, assess risk and assist with remediation, ensuring compliance to regulatory and Firm standards.
This is a technical role and the selected candidate will be located in Glasgow, working with a global team of IT Security professionals.
* Conduct daily review, triage and escalation of detected, and user reported Insider Threat events
* Collect supporting information and relevant artifacts in support of Incident Response activities
* Utilize defined workflows to assess the severity of an incident, appropriate mitigation activities, communication across the organization, and ensure proper documentation is produced outlining the details of the incident
* Host calls with senior members of the Firm to develop quick response plans to information security incidents
* Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that incident management is consistent across all parts of the business
* Proactively participate in the continuous review of information security incidents and root causes, in order to highlight control gaps across the organization or process gaps within the team
* Provide general Information Security advisory services to key stakeholders across the Firm as required
* Participate in various projects related to operational improvements and tooling
* Provide on call and out of hours support Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in a related field
* Ability to analyze data to look for anomalies or appropriately identify potential risk issues requiring further escalation
* Proven experience in investigating and escalating incidents.
* Ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and maintain confidentiality
* Very strong verbal and written English communications skills
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while maintaining attention to detail
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Flexible and self-motivator
* Working knowledge of incident tracking or case management solutions, and DLP detection products
* Experience working with Symantec DLP tool and Splunk
* Knowledge or experience in supporting Insider Threat mitigation strategies
* Technical or Information Security Certifications (e.g. CISM, CRISC, CISSP)
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 11/06/2020.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.