What will you be doing?
• Identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls on each audit, up to 12 per year
• Supporting the Audit Owner in scoping audits and designing test strategies
• Evaluating control design and operating effectiveness, using data analytics techniques where possible
• Working on 1-3 papers per audit; documenting audit work to methodology standards
• Updating the Audit Owner and audit team daily on work progress and observations
• Providing suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified
• Proactively taking on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors
• Embracing the agile approach adopted across BIA, suggesting practical ways of improving the work done including constructive feedback / upward feedback
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience in technical / operational IT roles or risk based auditing of technology – essential
• Practical experience of assessing or improving process and control environments in an IT first line role, 2nd line risk role or internal audit function
• Critical thinking with strong analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence to be able to present and discuss findings with stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant professional qualification, such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC or other relevant technical qualifications
• Financial services industry knowledge / experience in IT systems or solutions supporting Banking
• Understanding of new and emerging technology risks, mitigating controls and relevant regulatory environment
• Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services relevant to Corporate Banking technology
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.