As a Barclays GUI Developer, you’ll be joining a team which is expanding and delivering excellent technology solutions across our business. At any time, there are multiple streams of work going on, so we are looking for a developer with the experience to work across multiple projects and systems. This includes internal and external systems handling (among others); trade booking, straight through processing and reporting.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to analysis of requirement, preparing design, implementation and releasing the software
- Contributing to development of applications with continuous focus on Quality, Performance and Resiliency
- Adhering to code check-in /check-out policies, ensuring code is unit tested
- Timely and correctly communicating the status of the work, participating in estimation
- Ensuring adherence to coding and quality standards and contribution activities
- Supporting UAT, Production systems
- Fostering continuous process improvement through the use of best practices and Agile methodology
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent technical skills in Core and Advanced Java, experience in building GUI using Java Swings
- Experience in Angular 8, Spring boot, Apache Tom-cat
- Experience in multi-tier service oriented enterprise systems using messaging for inter service communication and request/ response/broadcast to the GUI
- Experience with writing SQL queries/ PL-SQL with Oracle databases
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Middleware: experience of using middleware messaging components such as Tibco, Talarian, Solace or MQ
- An understanding of FX products and trading flows (e.g. clearing, e-trading STP)
- Any experience with other object oriented programming languages (Python)
- Experience in AWS, DevOps, Chefs, CI/ CD, Junit Framework, Microservices
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.