Fund Accountant - must have SORP experience
- GBP200 - GBP250 per day
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Contract, Full time
- 28 Feb 18 2018-02-28
Fund Accounant This role involves planning, testing, and delivering both client and BPSS driven changes and successfully integration into BAU of all OEFA/NAV change programmes
Responsibilities associated with the role are summarised (but not limited to) those listed below:
- Review and assessment of change control requests impacting FA/NAV
- Contribute to planning stages proposing, confirming and agreeing change requirements and method of delivery.
- Execute agreed client and BPSS changes, fund launches, fund migrations, mergers, liquidations, new share class launches etc.
- Work closely with BAU ensuring a seamless delivery to the BAU teams
- Corrective and preventative actions if deadlines / quality standards are at risk
- Communication with Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments
- Error reporting and implementation of preventative actions
- Ensure all significant activities are documented in procedure notes which are kept up-to-date
- Any ad-hoc projects as agreed with the OEFA Change Control Manager
Requirements for the role include:
- A full accountancy qualification (i.e. CA, ACCA, CIMA) is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in financial services administration and accounting is essential.
Core Competencies for this role include:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Delegation skills
- Solid numerical skills and accounting knowledge
- Understanding of open ended fund NAV process
- Excellent understanding of the principles of unitised fund pricing & cost sheets
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Computer literacy including spreadsheet skills
- Being responsible, reliable and accountable