Full Stack Developer
As a Barclays Full Stack Developer, you will work within the area of Barclays Risk, Finance and Treasury. You will be a part of the Market Risk team who develop SRA/CVA components that calculates risk numbers to end users.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What you'll be doing?
• Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution, contributing to the overall system design
• Taking responsibility and ownership of development of new features and Document designs and communicate them with the team
• Working on all stages of the development lifecycle (analysis, design, implementation, unit/integration testing)
• Focusing on good code quality and high test coverage, participate in code reviews
• Designing and implementing applications and data flows for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays to develop new or enhance existing systems
• Being involved in all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to the core data applications
• Managing stakeholders and setting up and managing development meetings What we're looking for:
• Intermediary to expert level knowledge of C++/C#/PL_SQL, OOP and design patterns, Multithreading and IPC experience at intermediate level
• In depth knowledge of software development best practices and solid experience in writing C++/C#/PL-SQL code running on both Windows and Linux
• Proven knowledge of additional programming languages such as Java, Python/perl scripting Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management and other software development practices
• Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and experience in development and Agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, and Autosys
• Previous experience in financial services Where will you be working?
We've been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland's significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city's main shopping hubs. We're committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.