Financial Reporting Assistant Manager
- up to £50,000 D.O.E
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 01 Mar 19
Meraki Talent’s multinational financial services client is seeking a Financial Reporting Assistant Manager to be based within their operation in Glasgow to join an expanding Fund Accounting team. This is a key role as you’ll be responsible for the statutory financial reporting service delivery as well as driving continuous improvements within the financial reporting proces
Responsibilities of the Position
- Preparation of financial statements and team processes
- Ensuring that client deliverables are met to agreed service level agreements.
- Oversight and review of retail funds reports and accounts.
- Ensure communication with the client, both internal and external, is effective.
- Management point of contact for clients, auditors, trustee’s and custodians
- Keep up to date on accounting standard and regulatory change and manage offshore training as required.
- Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
- Staff management, including coaching and succession planning
- Look for opportunities for efficiencies and drive new developments and enhancements forward for the team.
- Deputise for Senior Manager at internal and external meetings
Background of the Position:
- Financial Services experience essential
- In depth knowledge of funds and accounting
- Proven experience of resolving accounting issues relating to complex investment products
- In depth knowledge of investor level accounting including the adoption of different structures
- Strong communication skills to engage with various stakeholders across the business
- Proven management experience
- In-depth understanding and experience of relevant regulatory standards sand industry best practices
- Strong leadership skills, the ability and desire to inspire and coach your team to ensure they are driven and working as one