As a Barclays Finance Business Partner – Tech Change, you will play an important role in supporting Barclays’ businesses by providing high-quality reporting and accounting services whilst also supporting business planning and strategy. You will be joining an established team, operating in a strong control environment. This is reflected in the design of our operating model and functional lines. You will be responsible for the integrity of the financial records for Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Senior FBP by delivering the end to end financials across a Transaction Cycle / Function by working closely with Business Managers
- Delivering end-to-end Finance reporting that enables management to proactively shape strategy
- Providing full sets of forward looking financial projections (Medium-term Plans), outlook, transfers, scenario analytics & SI (Sustainable Investing) portfolio affordability shape
- Providing strategic financial support including: quarterly business reviews, monthly business reviews, weekly transaction cycles, portfolio management, vendor support
- Supporting capacity creation, cost allocation understanding and risks & opportunities management
- Working with Business Managers and Business to deliver the monthly financials for profit and loss and balance sheet
- Providing analysis and metrics driving the cost allocations from Barclays Execution Services to trading entities to allow the business to understand their costs
- Supporting the creation of the annual plan and being responsible for making updates during the regular RAF (Review of Accounting and Finance) cycles
What we’re looking for:
- Evidence of career progression in prior roles; proven ability to maintain energy and resilience within an organisation throughout a period of change and/or against significant challenges
- Degree qualification as a minimum
- Significant experience in financial services; experience on an international scale preferred
- Experience in operating in a multi-geographic, matrix organisation, with proven ability to balance commercial, client, and regulatory needs across businesses
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills with ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders with outstanding precision
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums with proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
- Ability to develop business strategy, communicate in clear and confident manner, and act independently to implement it, sometimes using creativity in approach
- Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent relevant experience (ACA/CIMA/CFA)
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.