See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Department Profile
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management. Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISGPO is comprised of 5 departments: Client Operations, Trading Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) and Change the Bank (CTB). Role Description & Responsibilities
The Equity & Fixed Income Cash Client Processing Group supports cash equity & fixed income business for institutional clients across all markets. The group is responsible for all client-related activity from the point of trading through to settlement. CCP always seeks to respond to clients’ needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment, which demands high performance from the individuals in the team.
The department is dynamic and covers a diverse range of processes including Booking & allocation, Prematch & Fails and Commission Management (CMG). We interact with clients and sales traders based in the UK, US, Central Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Joining CCP is an exciting opportunity to combine your client service and technical skills. We can offer the individual a challenging and rewarding role. The skills and knowledge that you gain from working within the CCP area are transferable and should help you to develop your career within Morgan Stanley
We are hiring for a Bookings Operations Specialist at Associate level. Suitable candidates will have specialist knowledge in one or more technical areas specified below: Responsibilities:
You will be primarily responsible for the completion of daily processing tasks, working as part of a team. You will investigate and resolve issues to ensure trade booking, confirmation processing and trade settlement all flow smoothly. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external client relationships. From time to time you may also be asked to participate in projects and change initiatives, where you will represent the Client Processing Group, ensuring our requirements are discussed and prioritised.
Other responsibilities include: Control
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team.
- Proactively seeks out knowledge on their area of specialism.
- Documents training documents, procedures & process flows and creates a succession plan for future SMEs.
- Key problem solver and decision maker for their area of responsibility.
- Recognizes risk in day-to-day processes, draws out the key issues and suggests ideas for continuous improvement.
- Analyzes and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
- Go-to person from a technical standpoint. Commercial
- Understands the business they support and how to add value to it.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the context of their role within the Department and Firm plan.
- May have specific skills in process improvement, project management or technology development and testing.
- Establishes clear goals and sets priorities for themselves, and teaches others their job function. People
- Performs day-to-day activities with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Addresses non-standard issues within their area of expertise with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Shares expert knowledge across the team and contributes significantly to team output and development.
- Responsible for identifying and closing depth chart gaps. Qualifications: Skills that You Bring
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.