Email Security Support Specialist
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
The Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Email Operations Specialist provides the highest level of consultancy from an Operations Support perspective for the firm?s perimeter email platforms. The role will focus on design, build out of a secondary perimeter e-mail infrastructure, Operational support for e-mail related troubleshooting, escalation contact for lower level support teams and onboarding of new policies and services into production. The role is suited to an experienced messaging specialist with a strong background in enterprise security. This role is primarily project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The ESP team provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic perimeter email infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. The role in question concentrates on the operational support of secure solutions being onboarded on the perimeter messaging platforms for internal client groups.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment.
- Analysis and implementation of perimeter email security and email routing solutions.
- Provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives.
- Implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
- Maintain email security infrastructure, by assisting in the developement around tools and techniques required to enable lower level support teams to properly manage and solve most issues related to e-mail delivery.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide consultancy services to IT Security teams.
- Create, review, maintain documentation for the level 3 support team as well as lower levels teams that will utilize it in their day to day activities including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot advanced e-mail delivery issues and work with Engineering and the Vendors of the products.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing email security solutions.
- Advanced knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix.
- Strong knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory.
- Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration.
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell).
- Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Expert knowledge of SMTP (RFC 821/5321), TLS, DNS and related standards.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
- Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways.