FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Director GMO Service and Controls
My client is seeking a high calibre individual, who possesses extensive financial services experience and a high-level understanding of the trade lifecycle to join their Glasgow based Global Markets Operations business as Global Operations Director.
My client is seeking a high calibre individual, who possesses extensive financial services experience and a high-level understanding of the trade lifecycle to join their Glasgow based Global Markets Operations business as Global Operations Director. On a day to day basis this individual will own all 3rd party relationships (custodians, outsourcing providers/utilities, LCH, Consultancies etc) from a service and controls management perspective.
Overall purpose of role:
* An RTB role ensures processing is of the highest standard, whilst meeting agreed SLAs, and being mindful of risk, efficiency, budget and personal conduct.
* This role will be responsible for the coordination and successful delivery of Structural Reform Program through working and directing the various functions within Global Markets Operations (GMO). Working with the GMO Lead SRP Europe, the individual will leverage knowledge of the various functions as well as project management skills to drive critical path work streams as well as other deliverables
* One of the largest components of the role is to pull together and rationalise these controls and service teams globally. The function has a sizeable global presence and commitment to expand the Glasgow business in 2018 and beyond.
* This opportunity should appeal to any Director that has an appetite to progress and operate in an expanding function that will present genuine promotion prospects.
Stakeholder management and leadership
* Experienced global leader committed to developing a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all team members are motivated and inspired to deliver the required outcome, taking into account risk and process optimisation factors.
* Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service in a global large-scale, matrix organization whilst mindful of cost control agenda.
* Ability to create and support growth of a talented high performing global team.
* Ability to manage a diverse global workforce through rapid change and / in periods of uncertainty
* Ability to drive strategy, execute change and resolve issues
* Possess a high degree of commercial acumen and is focused on shareholder value.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills to influence the cross-functional groups/forums, the global matrix and external stakeholders.
* Builds trust through credible use of facts and data and possess ability to creatively resolve problems and issues at pace
* Understands the Business Strategy and is able to add-value at Business meetings and influence the outcome.
* Strong client focus, always puts customer satisfaction first. Track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLA's.
* Ability to manage Vendor relationships to high standards and drive change across Business areas.
Experienced Director at ease operating and influencing at a senior level
High level communication and interpersonal skills
Investment Banking background with a strong understanding of the trade lifecycle across multiple asset classes and functions
Track record of delivery within an RTB environment with demonstrable skills leading complex delivery teams
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 15 Jan 18