Developer - Java
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Our Group is looking for a strong Java Developer to join a new team setting up in Glasgow. This particular role will sit within the Asset Servicing team, part of the Operations Technology division. The Asset Servicing team supports the firm?s global corporate actions processing systems across both the institutional equities and wealth management divisions.
A critical system supporting key departments such as Operations, Wealth Management, Prime Brokerage and traders; as well as external clients.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an agile environment coupled with excellent, development, communication, and organizational skills. The role will require working with stakeholders globally and across divisions and knowledge of broad spectrum of assets classes. The candidate will work in a global team spread across other locations in Mumbai, London and New York.
- You will work as a technical lead and developer on in-house developed systems that manage the capture and processing of Asset Servicing events (also known as Corporate Actions)
- You will be responsible for the hands-on management of all the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle: requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and deployment
- You will collaborate with partner teams including Position Services Operations, Prime Brokerage account representatives and Application Support Groups
- The projects worked on will form part of a multi-year program to renovate the Firm’s Asset Servicing platform
- The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of different business units and asset classes within the Institutional Securities Group and Wealth Management divisions
- We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable managing their own and other team member's workload within a collaborative, team driven environment. Hands-on coding experience is essential
- Distributed technologies primarily Java
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM2