See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Glasgow Profile:
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Department Profile:
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team. Team Profile:
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm. Primary Responsibilities:
This is a Director role on the Tax Technology team within the Global Tax Department, based in Glasgow. The role requires an experienced and highly motivated data scientist who can collaborate with technical and non-technical members of the Firm.
- Guide the development of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor based on Tax team requirements
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a way that’s easily understood by non-quantitative audiences
- Closely collaborate and partner with various members within and external to the department
- Execute continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives
- Support the relationship with the NY Tax Technology team Qualifications: Skills Required:
- MS in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
- Experience or knowledge in the field of specialized financial engineering or data science
- Ability to work with data including rapid prototyping and coding skills using common data science tools (i.e. Alteryx, Dataiku, Python, R, Excel, SQL and VBA)
- Experience with applying a variety of machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, cluster analysis and deep learning
- Experience creating predictive model development and analytics with unstructured data
- Experience building complex data visualizations in BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview or PowerBI)
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL3 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.