Conformance Manager - Risk
As a Barclays Conformance Manager - Risk you will support the Head of Conformance Support/ Conformance Review Lead in the day-to-day management and execution of Conformance Reviews based on the agreed annual (or updated where applicable) Conformance Review Plan. You will also be assisting the Conformance Review Lead in ensuring that key regulations, frameworks, policies, standards and procedures are implemented through the legal entities making recommendations for effectiveness and efficiency improvements where appropriate.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Ensuring that an effective programme of work is undertaken; performing reviews of frameworks, policies, standards and procedures
• Reviewing the programme regularly to ensure it remains appropriate and making amendments as necessary; in conjunction with the Conformance Lead
• Ensuring that work completed draws appropriate conclusions that are properly reflected in recommendations and reports
• Supporting the recommended solutions/ negotiating changes to Standards, Procedures and key controls where applicable to enhance the Risk environment
• Assisting in the on-going development and maintenance of robust management information to monitor conformance and identify any material weaknesses
• Proactively supporting embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements, cost reductions and development of people
• Collating information from internal reports for use in the preparation for conformance visits/ collating outputs from visits for use in the production of post visit/ review reports
• Delivering within cost budget using a 'working smarter'/ risk based approach What we're looking for:
• Working experience in BCBS239/ Risk Reporting/ Data Aggregation
• Awareness of BCBS239/ Risk Reporting/ Data Aggregation Regulatory Requirements
• Understanding of Risk Policies, Standards, Procedures, Documentation and Controls
• Experience/ knowledge of end-to-end risk portfolio management Skills that will help you in the role:
• Operational Risk/ Credit Risk/ Internal Audit background
• Knowledge of the Group Risk structure
• Good knowledge of the legal entities and transaction cycles that make up the Barclays Group
• Good knowledge of the Financial Services Regulatory environment Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art campus, right in the heart of Glasgow. It will be a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.