Conduct Risk Adviser
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 22 Aug 17
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience of regulatory knowledge and how it is applied across the whole of the Bank to develop yourself and your career. All attained whilst operating in a supportive yet challenging work environment with a real focus on ensuring appropriate Customer outcomes are achieved.
About the recruitment consultant:
Craig McKellar worked in audit at EY for 5.5 years across various industries in Scotland before joining CHANGE to focus on the Risk and Internal Audit market. He works with all the main asset managers and banking institutions across Edinburgh and Glasgow. Craig's technical knowledge and experience allows him to add value when supporting candidates through the interview process. See his linkedin profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-mckellar-01083849/
About the employer:
This is a bank based in Glasgow who offer an excellent work life balance and interesting work. They are very people focused whether that is their employees or customers and look to develop their staff.
About the role:
This role has arisen due to an internal promotion meaning there are opportunities to progress in your career at the bank. Infact, there are two positions to fill. The client is looking for an experienced Conduct Quality Assurance Adviser to join the Regulatory Risk & Compliance Team in Glasgow.
You will be supporting customers and senior management by providing independent 2nd line insight, oversight and challenge of the bank's effectiveness in delivering good Conduct outcomes to Customer's in a regulatory compliant manner across the organisation.
About the person:
· A real passion for ensuring Customers gets the right outcome for them
and their personal circumstances.
· Evidence of delivering a high standard of written and verbal communications.
· Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
· Proven analytical skills in reviewing information and identifying key
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Good understanding of the UK regulatory environment and applicable regulations, codes and compliance requirements.
· Knowledge of monitoring methodologies and processes, specifically the
use and operation of control and risk mitigation strategies.
We would like you to have
· Experience in a Compliance, Risk or Audit environments, with good knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and the regulatory environment that affects it.
· Significant experience ideally in providing 2nd line of defence insight, oversight and effective challenge.
· Awareness of the Group's Risk Management Principles, Framework and
· Experience of delivery of financial services products and services via digital, telephony and face to face channels in an Omni channel environment.
To apply or see the full job description in terms of responsibilities, please contact Craig McKellar