Cloud Solutions Senior Software Engineer
As a member of our Cloud Architecture & Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation, architecture and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the cloud architecture and engineering, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The AWM Cloud Architecture team is seeking a cloud solutions software engineer who can help our clients migrate application to the private and public cloud platforms. As a cloud specialist, you will need to work closely with Sr. Cloud Solution Architects and with the business applications teams to provide target state cloud architecture, guidance for migrating from current state to target state and periodically report on the progress of the migration. Additionally, the individual will need to create proof of concepts when solving for new products, work across cross functional teams to drive features and remove blockers and create high quality documentation to capture the provided cloud solutions as reusable patterns to enable mass adoptions. Our team success will be rated on the number of applications migrated to the cloud. Responsibilities:
- Quickly come up to speed with Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS products in the JPMC cloud platforms
- Work with application teams to evaluate the current state architecture
- Support the creation of target state cloud architecture
- Advise and create migration plans to enable seamless cloud adoption without business interruptions
- Follow up and report on the application team progress as per plan
- Pro-actively provide needed technical guidance when business functionality developers face technical challenges when adopting cloud products and platforms
- Individually and working with business application developers to create PoC and prototypes when adopting new products to prove out specific solution patterns
- Escalate early and work across cross functional teams to remove blockers and drive platform feature implementation.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation capturing architectural solutions provided as reusable patterns to achieve mass adoption of cloud platforms and products.
Hands on experience:
- Building large scale distribution systems. Architecture experience is a plus.
- Building applications on AWS. AWS certification is a plus
- Experice of micro-services on Kubernetes. Kubernetes CKAD certification
- Knowledge of cloud native design principles is a plus.
- Strong expertise, with Java and Spring frameworks. Python knowledge is a plus.
- Strong expertise working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and industry standards
- Experience of leading at least one successful implementation of migrating a running application from one infrastructure to another
- Experience migrating monolith applications to a micro-services architecture on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Ability to work and deliver results with geographically dispersed teams.
- Financial Services / Asset & Wealth Management industry experience or knowledge is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage discussions with varied levels of management and engineers
- Good influence, negotiation, and presentation skills is a plus