Client Service Support Group - Director
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing myriad functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives.
This position within the Clearing Operations Client Service Group involves extensive contact with our internal stakeholders including Prime Brokerage, Sales, Client Relationship Management, Onboarding, Non-Market Risk and various teams across operations as well as some contact with our external clients. The group's primary responsibility is to maintain and develop positive client and stakeholder relationships for Listed Derivative and OTC Clearing clients. We do this by providing excellent client service for all our client's operational needs whilst effectively managing risk.
The critical functions of the Client Shared Services Representative role include the management of trade flow exceptions, daily margin and collateral management and onboarding. Beyond this, we provide technical and product advice to assist our front office teams in growing the business. Qualified applicants must be adaptable to change, given the changing regulatory environment and technical offerings. With these changes and variety of work, effective time management is a must. Increasingly the emphasis on this role is to drive efficiency while effectively managing risk within the organisation.
- Single point of contact for central processing for Listed Derivatives and OTC clients.
- Ensure that clients' reporting is accurate and dispatched in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely collateral management, meeting both regulatory requirements and client requests.
- Resolve trade and collateral breaks.
- Ensure accurate commission and billing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with changes and upcoming functionality.
- Propose developments to improve our clients' experience and make our processes more efficient.
- Work with IT to develop and rollout new technology
- Ensure that clients' accounts are setup in a timely manner with both internal and external parties.
- Identify and escalate issues in a timely manner to enable effective risk management.
- Will be required to work on a rotational shift basis to support the global model
Skills required (essential):
- Preferred experience within Listed Derivatives and OTC client clearing
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Possess robust analytical skills, an attention to detail and a keen awareness of risk
- Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player
- Possess an ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM1