See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Global Operation’s Business Management team is focused on Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis. The primary function of the team is to provide Management Reporting to Operations Senior Leadership, manage Budget, Forecasting, Headcount Management and Financial Projections for Global Operations and partner with Financial Control Group to oversee expense management.
- Provide analysis, reporting and planning support to COOs/Senior Management to enable commercial decision making
- Coordinate and deliver on firm commercial asks, weighing Operations needs with that of the business silos
- Achieve corporate targeted returns by enabling business priorities while controlling costs and impact on capital
- Develop a budget, balancing financial and efficiency commitments, hiring and capacity needs, and risk mitigation
- Increase organizational efficiency in terms of time and dollars, by reducing manual, repetitive and inefficient processes/tools
- Manage headcount based on hiring, capacity needs and risk mitigation, while balancing financial commitments
- Track and report on headcount and expense projections for operating silos
- Drive strategic projects and improvements, in partnership with HR, Finance and Sourcing divisions Qualifications:
- Prior experience in a business management role. Experience of budget and headcount/hiring oversight and headcount management, experience of working on location strategy, working on communication strategies, and implementing people agendas.
- Strong stakeholder management and previous interaction with leadership groups, COO and business management functions. Capable of building cross-team relationships; gain support from BM community and be able to operate autonomously and influence via informal networks.
- Successful candidate will need experience of vendor management
- Proven experience working in a global facing role within financial services
- Prior experience supervising teams and managing workload
- Prior experience in Client Regulatory Services required
- Experience of process improvement and understanding/experience of LEAN techniques
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 07/04/2020.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of people drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.