Audit Senior / Assistant Manager
Change Public Practice are working with a leading Big 4 firm to assist them with the hire of Newly Qualified Audit Seniors and Assistant Managers for their teams in either Glasgow or Edinburgh. These roles will suit those who are currently working in an audit role in addition to those who are Qualified Accountants and looking to progress their accountancy career within audit. The portfolio of clients will range from smaller owner-managed businesses up to large commercial enterprises and full training and support will be provided.
This business is interested in driven professionals which is why they will consider those who have had audit exposure in the past and who are keen to focus their career in this area. You will be given on the job support and build up your portfolio from smaller audits so you will not be dropped in at the deep end. For those who have had 3+ years audit experience, the door is open to design the type of portfolio that you want. If you enjoy fewer and larger clients or a more varied portfolio of smaller audits then this can be tailored as much as possible to your own preferences.
This Big 4 are making the conscious effort to provide advisory experience at the earliest stage possible which in turn will build your credibility as a trusted business advisor and consultant. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
• Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
• Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
• Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
• Understanding your clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden business relationships where possible
• You must hold a professional accountancy qualification i.e. ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent
• You will have a minimum of 3 years' working in a Public Practice environment i.e. Big 4, Top 10, mid-tier, independent CA firm
• You will have had previous experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
• Ideally you will also have experience applying UK GAAP and IFRS
This Big 4 firm has a proven track record of maintaining a strong work-life balance whilst managing client deadlines. They utilise their advanced audit technology to allow flexible working and have a dynamic approach to each audit and how the individual's external commitments can impact each deadline. If you would like to discuss your working hour patterns and / or flexible working then please get in contact.