Audit Senior - Glasgow
Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish Accountancy Practice in the Glasgow area to assist with the appointment of a fully quailed Audit Senior for their team in Glasgow. This role requires a minimum of 3 years' experience working in an audit role within Practice also consideration will also given to those coming from mix audit and accounts backgrounds.
This firm is one of the leading Scottish CA practices who have very exciting growth plans across Scotland which makes this an excellent time to join the business. Aside from the varied role and enviable client base, this firm has an excellent market reputation - both internally and externally. The internal culture is something that the leaders are extremely passionate about and they ensure that all members of staff feel valued, that they have a clear development plan and path for progression and as such they have created a positive environment that sees very little staff turnover.
This role will offer you the opportunity to manage your own portfolio of clients across a wide range of sectors which enables you to liaise directly with clients and advise them accordingly. Responsibilities will include:
• You will work as part of the team, leading on-site audit teams which will involve planning and project managing all aspects of the audits
• Prepare or review work papers and draft financial statements
• Allocate work to other members of the audit teams and oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
• Building relationships with clients in addition to identifying new opportunities for business development
• Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree these with the Managers
• Reporting to the managers and partners on the progress of the audits and raising any potential issues as necessary in addition to reporting on budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects with a key focus on optimising profitability
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external regulatory requirements
• You will be a fully qualified Auditor i.e. ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
• Ideally you will have between 3-5 years' audit experience gained within a Public Practice / Chartered Accountancy firm i.e. Big 4, Top 10, Mid-Tier, Independent CA firm
• Experience of working with a mixed commercial and middle market client bae in addition to auditing international groups would be highly advantageous but not essential
• Experience of supervising and coaching junior members of staff on-site
• Must have good working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements