Assistant Manager – Private Client Tax – Tax Centre of Excellence- Glasgow
- Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 19
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
~~The Tax & Pensions practice delivers services ranging from taxation and compliance advice for private and corporate clients, to assisting organisations in areas such as Global Mobility Services. We also assist pension funds (or the companies that sponsor them) to manage pensions issues. Our activities are diverse in scope, but can be grouped according to the different business issues they help our clients address.
The Tax Centre of Excellence aims to challenge and modernise the way that the Tax & Pensions practice delivers tax compliance services to our clients by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns within the Tax Centre of Excellence. All staff working in this area will be required to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients. This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners, to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
We are looking to recruit a Tax Assistant Manager with extensive experience in personal tax compliance to be based in our Tax Centre of Excellence in Glasgow. The roles will involve working on a range of clients and projects. The work includes:
Roles and Responsibilities
Private Client Compliance
- Review of UK Tax Returns for a broad range of high-net worth individuals, company directors, partners, entrepreneurs and non - UK domiciled individuals.
- Preparation/review of rental accounts, self-employed and partnership computations/accounts.
- Day to day contact with HMRC
- Being the day to day contact for colleagues in KPMG’s regional offices
- Management of compliance processes for private clients
- Some project management
- Delegation of work to, and training of junior staff
- Working as part of a team towards achieving tight deadlines
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Qualified CTA or appropriate experience
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.