Analyst Programmer - International Tax - Operations Technology - Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The International Tax Technology developers primary role will be to work directly with Operations Users to enhance and improve critical Tax applications that have a direct impact on Morgan Stanley and its clients. Over time, this individual will contribute to new development of strategic solutions, and have the ability to work in the context of a global team. The initial applications currently leverage a C#/ASP.NET front end, with Java services and Sybase as its DB, Our target state solutions make greater use of Java, Angular JS and other technologies, providing the developer with opportunities to expand their expertise. The person will be involved through the full development lifecycle, from requirements definition to product deployment.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. The candidate should have hands-on experience working in a Financial Services company involving both development and support.
Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Experience in a software development field
- C#/.NET experience, as well as Core Java 8
- Relational Databases such as Sybase, UDB, SQL
- Integration technologies - MQ/XML/SOAP/JSON
- Enterprise Architecture Patterns
- Build technologies Gradle, Ant
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) working in a cross-functional feature team
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- The candidate must also strongly appreciate and understand the impact of code/environmental changes on the business unit.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding.
- Angular JS
- Familiarity with Autosys .Net/C# - WinForms and WPF, Spring Integration
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Concordion/Cucumber
- Good understanding of derivative products and STP cycle
- Familiarity with central clearing and settlements areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.