See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses’ and to our own.
Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) enables the Firm to manage risks by implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices, which protect the company while facilitating business functions.
A change agent, with a passion for collaborative working, to support our teams and improve and deliver exceptional output. You will work directly in a squad to drive performance using Agile values, practices, and processes. Working with the Product Owner, you will support the work of the squad by maintaining the backlog and facilitating Agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives. You will monitor team performance through the Squad’s metrics dashboards and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to support the team to work smarter, and more effectively.
- Enable organisational change in how we approach our work
- Model behaviors to support the organisations transformation to a new way of working
- Actively create and maintain the culture within the squad based on the organisation and Agile leadership behaviors
- Facilitate sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives and other Agile ceremonies
- Provide constructive feedback to team members to help drive Agile maturity
- Help your Product Owner to manage and prioritize work through the backlog
- Review and manage backlog items to ensure the latest work status is captured and updated as appropriate
- Maintain and update squad process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and best practices to progress the work of the squad
- Engage with Agile Coaches to help identify and deliver against training needs to support Agile practices Qualifications:
- Bring passion to their work to inspire and motivate team members
- Have a track record coaching and supporting colleagues to embrace innovative changes to their working methodologies
- Are passionate about Agile principles and are excited to embed them across the organisation
- Apply innovative and creative thinking in order to solve problems and get things done
- Bring a data-driven approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs
- Experience working in Agile teams and an understanding of Agile practices or traditional Project management
- Proficiency facilitating Squad meetings to ensure they are solutions-focused
- Experience helping Agile teams to establish and adhere to norms and practices
- Ability to collaborate with team members on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to finding creative ways of working
- Ability to influence behavior without having formal organisational hierarchy
- A dedication to cross-function collaboration, communication and breaking down of silos
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AO1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.