Accounting Manager - Kilmarnock
Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish Accountancy Practice in Kilmarnock to assist with the appointment of an Accounts Manager. This role requires approximately 5 years' experience working in an accounts role in a Public Practice firm and strong FRS102 and Xero experience would be highly advantageous. The main requirement for this appointment is previous people management experience and team management skills being one of your key strengths.
This firm is one of the leading Scottish CA Practices who have very exciting growth plans across Scotland which makes this an excellent time to join the business. Aside from the varied role and exciting client base, this firm has an excellent market reputation both internally and externally. The internal culture is something that the leaders are extremely passionate about and they ensure that all members of staff feel valued and that they have a clear development plan and path for progression. This in turn has created a positive environment that sees very little staff turnover.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of statutory year-end limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts
• Preparation of VAT and corporate tax returns
• Responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients and being the main point of contact for client relationships in that portfolio
• Provide support to the managers with regards to the training and development of junior members of staff which will include on-the-job mentoring and supervising the workload of junior staff members
• Accounts and bookkeeping duties including providing clients with regular reports e.g. management reports, cashflow and forecasts etc.
• Producing management accounts including providing accurate financial and cashflow projections
• Assisting with budgeting, forecasting and business planning
• You will be part- or newly-qualified Accountant i.e. ACCA / ICAS but consideration will also be given to those who are Qualified-by-Experience or hold additional qualifications i.e. AAT
• Ideally you will have between 2 and 4 years' accountancy experience gained from a similar sized Public Practice firm i.e. Top 10, Mid-tier, Independent CA firm etc.
• Experience of preparing statutory and management accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Strong understanding and knowledge of preparing accounts under FRS102 is strongly desired
• Experience of working with Xero would be highly advantageous
• Experience of mentoring junior members of staff will be beneficial but not essential