Trainee Company Secretary
- Exeter, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Link Asset Services
- 24 Apr 19
As part of our close-knit team you will work alongside our qualified Charted Secretaries
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
• To train as a Chartered Secretary and complete the ICSA International Qualifying Scheme.
• As part of our close-knit team you will work alongside our qualified Charted Secretaries and gain experience in:
o board meeting preparation including the collation and production of board packs including the use of electronic board portals
o attendance at board and committee meetings with minute taking responsibilities
o statutory and regulatory compliance and use of Blueprint Oneworld
o drafting and releasing of stock exchange announcements
o assisting and supporting the Annual General Meeting process
o assisting with the production and project management of Annual Report & Accounts
o ensuring governance best practice for all clients and internal companies
o contributing to our internal technical training initiatives
• With guidance, you will carry out your duties in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
• Recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification.
• Friendly, enjoys working as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive and flexible approach to workload.
• High level of accuracy, good attention to detail.
• Business and commercial awareness.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…