At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The Workspace Delivery Specialist will be a member of a team responsible for meeting the operational needs and the ongoing continuous development of the Windows 10 Evergreen Workspace. This will also include management and maintenance of the relevant tooling, management of some ancillary services and upkeep of the Managed Application Estate.
The job holder will possess the aptitude, drive and passion to deliver cost-efficient and technologically progressive solutions to satisfy business needs. The role will interface with customers within the M&G Prudential Business to ensure that the Workspace delivers an optimum user experience.
The Workspace Delivery Specialist will also play a pivotal role in proactively identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement in the Workspace Collaboration arena. The role is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, driven and technologically ambitious individual to fulfil their potential.
- To work as a team to collectively own the day to day operation of the Workspace Platform, Workspace Application Delivery Services and all associated Workspace tooling.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G Prudential`s operational risk
- Develop relationships with all relevant stakeholders to deliver an optimum overall user experience.
- To contribute to the overarching strategy of the Workspace Collaboration service and to provide key inputs into the Workspace Collaboration technology roadmap.
- To maintain and develop a secure and robust Windows 10 Platform that meets customer demand.
- To manage a light touch, self-service Developer Desktop solution.
- To oversee the delivery of Managed Applications to the Windows 10 platform, and to operate as an Application Virtualisation SME.
- To resolve complex 3rd line incident issues in a quick and efficient manner, and to participate in an on-call rota for “out of hours” support.
- To be vigilant for technological advances in relevant industry arenas with a view to bring fresh new ideas and solutions to the team.
- To stay abreast of industry trends that are of relevance to the role.
- To collectively deliver a robust Workspace Release Management Service that delivers maximum cadence of change whilst preserving service levels.
You will have:
Expert knowledge evidenced for at least five of the following core skills:
- SCCM (Both infrastructure and operational knowledge)
- App-V 5.1 (Infrastructure, sequencing and application delivery knowledge)
- Ivanti Desktop Now
- Group Policy
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- MSI creation and manipulation (InstallShield)
- VDI (Cloud and On-Premises)
- Active Directory (including AAD)
You will also have experience and knowledge in the following:
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and other Cloud Solution Providers.
- An understanding of HP Zero Client devices and the associated management services.
- Established experience of operating at an expert level within a technical delivery role in an IT function and with prior exposure to working in an IT infrastructure environment.
- An understanding of the financial services industry and regulatory environments.
- Extensive experience of delivering and operating Managed Windows Client platforms at scale.
- A proven track record of implementing complex technology solutions to meet business demands.
- An understanding of Agile Delivery methodologies is desirable.
- A proven track record of working successfully with third party technology providers, both at an operational level, and also to deliver change programmes.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.