Wealth Management - Client Service Specialist (French Speaker)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Oct 18
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
A Private Banking Client Service Specialist (CSS) is the primary contact for all service related needs of a Private Banking client. A CSS works with bankers, investors, various product specialists, mid-office and operations teams to deliver a seamless and integrated experience to our clients across all Private Banking products
Each CSS is regionally aligned to bankers and their client base. Some examples of CSS daily responsibilities include: administrating cash movements, monitoring overdrafts and cash balances, foreign exchange, loans and deposits, management of corporate actions, performing account maintenance (account opening and closing, change of address, stop payments and fees billing)
A CSS will be expected to contribute to the overall success of the group in proportion to their experience.
Core Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide high quality service to Private Banking clients
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Manage daily client transactions and inquiries accurately, within established deadlines, and in accordance with existing policies and procedures. A CSS transaction approval levels/limits will vary based on seniority
- Monitor client cash balances, where necessary liaising with clients to cover positions.
- Providing information, soliciting responses and recording elections for Corporate Actions on client accounts.
- Research, follow-up and resolve client inquiries and problems through effective interaction with clients, bankers, investors, product specialists, operations areas, and other staff in a timely and professional manner
- Research potential (or actual) fraud situations, errors, and losses to ensure prompt and accurate resolution
- Identify cross-sell opportunities, and escalate to bankers and product partners in order to close or provide advice to the client
- Open and close accounts, and ensure necessary documentation is complete
- Verify and maintain data quality as it relates to internal and external client hierarchy and account alignment
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Team Manager
- Coordinate and follow through on client requests for products and services
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment, and to utilize all available tools and resources to service clients as efficiently as possible
- Solid comprehension of deposit, banking, brokerage, custody, investment management, mutual funds and credit products as each applies to their specific region's business segment
- Must understand and comply with the regulations, policies and procedures applicable to these products and services, and grasp the potential financial liabilities of the transactions associated with these products and services if they are not processed and administered correctly
- Sound judgement, problem-solving and client relationship skills
- Degree or equivalent financial qualifications or relevant commercial experience
- Strong relevant experience in a similar role within the Financial services and/or Banking industry
- Spoken and written fluency in English and French is required for this role
JP Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package
JP Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.