WM Client Operations EMEA Client Onboarding - Associate - KYC Periodic/Adhoc Reviews
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. The firm is establishing within Operations a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $2.4 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area. Key Responsibilities:
The team's key responsibilities are:
- Advising on documentation requirements to external and internal partners.
- Review of legal, account opening and tax documentation as to whether it meets regulatory and internal policies to open or maintain an account.
- Documenting clients on due diligence and related systems and updating these profiles periodically.
- Taking responsibility for the end-to-end onboarding process.
Team members in Edinburgh will undertake some or all of these roles depending on their role within the team.
We prefer candidates with prior AML/KYC background or a relevant degree such as Law.
The Client Onboarding Officer will support all aspects of client onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Client Onboarding Officer will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships.
• The Client Onboarding Officer will own the end to end Onboarding of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients. The Client Onboarding Officer will assist with the drafting and gathering of client documents and make independent recommendations regarding AML risk at a client level prior to final review by the client-facing team. The Client Onboarding Specialists are expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
• Analysing and understanding complex client structures and explaining them to colleagues across the business, and able to escalate appropriately any risks identified during the documentation review process.
• Partnering with the client facing teams to collect required legal documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
• Act as a subject matter expert on required legal documents and process to onboard a client to PB platforms, reviewing clients' constitutional documentation, having consideration for relevant tax, regulatory and corporate law issues, as applicable.
• Once trained, the successful candidate will be expected to deal with a wide range of jurisdictions and entity types. Full training is provided to all new joiners.
• Undertake quality review of clients' KYC records
• Manage and facilitate client due diligence, including coordinating the participation of JPMorgan stakeholders who have KYC responsibilities
• Serve as point of contact for KYC and reporting issues for designated clients
• Act as a KYC and AML subject matter resource for KYC due diligence teams
• Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML policies and procedures
• Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues. Requirements:
• Previous experience in AML or KYC advantageous, but training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• Attention to detail
• For the Periodic review roles, we prefer candidates with prior AML/KYC background or a relevant degree such as law.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
• Strong risk and controls awareness
• Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
• Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
• Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
• Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
• Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
Fluency in English is required. The team reviews documentation in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch, and we would also welcome applications from fluent speakers of any of such languages.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.