- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Virtualisation Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven analyst to join us in our Technology function
- You'll be playing a pivotal role within Infrastructure Services providing system administration support to our enterprise CI and virtualisation platforms for Retail and NatWest Markets
- Hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Service Analyst, you'll be part of an on call shift rota helping to manage and enhance CI and Virtualisation platform. Using your technical expertise, you'll manage capacity and performance using appropriate reporting and monitoring tools whilst providing support for infrastructure and application development projects.
In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with platform teams to deliver new virtual services
- Maintaining market awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business
- Liaising with application development representatives helping to optimise business opportunities
- Ensuring the business conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and RBS policies
- Automation of manual tasks and processes
The skills you'll need
You'll need a background in SAN, Virtualisation, Network and Converged infrastructure, experience of Fibre Channel SAN Infrastructure (Cisco): High end Fibre Channel Directors (Cisco MDS9000) in a core topology and EMC SAN management software, experience of Vmware vRealise suite (vSphere, ESXi, VRA,VRO,VROPS) and experience of vSAN, Site recovery Manager (SRM) and RP4VM.
You'll also need:
- A good understanding of networks mostly centred around nexus and catalyst
- Previous experience in supporting platform or operating systems administration (Windows or Unix)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.