UK Financial Controller
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Managing the UK Finance team of six, with two direct reports. Including coaching, performance management and appraisals.
- Ongoing review & optimisation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including management accounts packs & board reporting.
- Production of Regulatory reporting to FCA, including ICAAP, FSA001, FSA002, FSA019 and COREP returns.
- Review, assess and improve the financial reporting control environment, including establishing relevant policies and procedures and ensuring compliance.
- Delivery of the UK annual report and accounts, liaising with external auditors and reporting to the Board and Audit Committee.
- Manage the accounts payable function, working closely with Head of Treasury and Head of Supplier Management.
- Calculate and issue sales invoices for fee income ensuring accurate & timely sales invoicing, effective credit control & debtor analysis.
- Strong risk focus, including leading on risk self-assessments and Governance Manager for the Finance Risk Forum.
- Maintaining and developing automated and integrated systems and solutions.
- Working closely with Group Finance team and other FNZ Group companies for reporting purposes.
- Liaising with and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the completion and submission of accurate and on time VAT submissions to HMRC.
- Working with the Forecasting & Business Partnering team to delivering budget and forecasting cycles.
- Deputise for CFO when required.
- Fully qualified Accountant
- Wealth of experience in financial services
- Advanced technical skills in statutory & management accounting
- Experience leading the delivery of core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting, and external audit.
- Coaching & mentoring
- Demonstrable experience of payroll
- Demonstrable experience in sales Invoices & credit control
- Strong people management & development
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects & processes simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build credibility across all levels of the organisation & to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- Strong influencing capability
- High level of analytical skills
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific requirements