UKI Assurance - Audit Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Mar 19
Job Title: UKI Assurance - Audit Manager - Glasgow/Edinburgh Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh Salary: Competitive
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across our Glasgow and Edinburgh UKI market.
We are seeking a driven and ambitious Manager to join this exciting and fast growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you'll do will come back to providing exceptional analytical insights for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers so you'll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. You'll be a credible and motivated, leading high calibre teams and winning new business in the market.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have
- 4+ years' work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualified or international equivalent
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in UKI.
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.