- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At March 31, 2015, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.774 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts,
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
Blackrock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Corporate Control, Treasury, Regulatory Reporting, Revenue Accounting and Finance Operations. On a global basis the Treasury team is responsible for managing the firm’s capital structure, liquidity requirements, foreign exchange exposure, corporate banking relationships, daily cash management activities and the firm's short and long term financing program’s. The team also provides financial oversight of regulatory capital requirements.
Based in Edinburgh, the EMEA Treasury team are currently looking to recruit an Associate, reporting to the EMEA Treasury Director. Primary responsibilities will be to support daily Cash Management activities, Foreign Exchange management, coordinating Seed investments and redemptions, Capital Repatriation and funding Client Money Shortfalls. This would include analyzing, evaluating and forecasting cash and liquidity, troubleshooting banking-related issues, as well as executing financial transactions and reporting to executive level committees.
- Monitoring and Analyzing EMEA’s transactional Net Asset FX exposure.
- Executing and monitoring FX transactions
- Forecasting seed cash flows to ensure local currency cash requirements are met;
- Coordinating intercompany settlements, dividend and repatriation proposals
- Monitoring, forecasting and reporting of EMEA’s cash liquidity at entity level.
- Analyzing EMEA’s corporate cash exposure with banks and liaise with banks on day to day activities.
- Responsible for the day to day cash management reporting.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of EMEA treasury standard reporting outputs to Executive level committees.
- Managing seed capital investment and redemption ensuring that all appropriate governance processes are complied with;
- Monitoring and analyzing client money shortfall funding requirements and ensuring these are appropriately funded
- Liaising with counterparts in the Finance organization to resolve issues
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize current Treasury processes, and develop new approaches to improve the process and control environment
- Providing regional EMEA management with support and advice for Treasury-related items
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses
- The successful candidate will develop a strong understanding of Treasury disciplines, techniques and financial risk management.
- This is a visible role with exposure to senior stakeholders both within treasury and across the wider corporate function
- Track record of strong performance
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Experience preferably in Financial Services (Asset Management industry beneficial but not essential)
- Experience with financial markets preferred, but not required
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified accountant CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA, with 3+ years PQE or similarly experienced Treasury professional preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collegial orientation; relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; advanced / expert skills in Excel
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- Professional, positive demeanor
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop executive level presentation
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
- 'Can-do' attitude - willing to contribute at all levels in a small but high performing team environment
- Strong financial acumen and ability to think quickly
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.